Thursday, January 22, 2009

The List Continues

There are lots of books yet to be reviewed. I don't think I've ordered one form WildCard recently, nothing's really caught my eye. But, now that I'm finished all my late reviews I can get started with the long list that awaits me. The next book I'll be reading is called. Gotcha by Shelley Hrdlitschka. If you check out my White Pine post there's a link to a summary. You can also check out my Shelfari for a list of books that I've read, am reading and am planning on reading.

Because I have to read at least 5 books for White Pine, what I'm going to be doing is reading one White Pine book then one other book, be it WildCard or otherwise. After Gotcha I plan on reading Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet. Back in and around November, I got the second book in the Auralia Thread series but not the first. So I borrowed the first form my friend and will be getting to that one soon so that I can review both of them.

Another random thing. I was in Picton for the last 2 days so I decided to check out their bookstore. There I found a book that my grade 7 teacher Mr.Sallie used to read to the class. It's called Vinyl Cafe Diaries by Stuart McLean. We found the stories of David and Morly so funny and my friend talked me into buying it. So occasionally I'll be reading those short stories. I'm not sure how I'd review them but take my word for it, it's definitely worth picking up. If any of you have heard him way back when on the radio you know how funny these stories can be. And if you haven't, then GO AND GET THIS BOOK! It's Canadian and great for the whole family.

No comments: