Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Passion Denied

***FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE***


We've finally reached the end of «The Daughters of Boston»! :( It wasn't nearly as sad as I thought it was going to be, nor was it as frustrating either. For me they got easier to read; I guess because I was expecting the others to be just as frustrating as the first. Don't get me wrong, they were (which is what makes them really good), but I was just better equiped to handle it this time around.


In this final installement we follow the life of Elizabeth «Lizzie» O'Connor as she tries to soften the heart of her long time mentor, friend and brother-in-Christ, John Morrison Brady. The wrong decisions were made (many, many times), judgements were passed, secrets were revealed and lives were changed forever. Julie Lessman put just as much passion in this book as she did in the others.
These books have always had a profound effect on me but none more than this one. The passion John has for God and the way He turned his life around was amazing! In a way I also have a John Brady in my life, although I don't love him that way, he's still important in my walk with God.


I just want to thank Julie for an awe inspiring series and I want to let you guys know that she's coming out with another series June 2010. This 3-book series covers the lives of Katie, then Sean, then Steven. EXCITING news I know!

No comments: