Monday, June 29, 2009

What's to come

This Saturday, I'm hopping a train to the small Quebecois town of Victoriaville. I'm part of a summer work exchange program and will be staying there for 6 weeks. I'll still have internet but probably won't have a lot of time to post as often as I would like. That being said, I've scheduled some posts on my Midnight Murmurs blog if you wanna check that out. I will still be posting reviews for books but only one of them belong to the WildCard tours. Here's a list of the books I will be reading this summer.

  • A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman
  • The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  • Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
  • Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • A book by Marcel Pagnol
  • Pieces of You by Daniel Armand Lee
If you scroll down to my Memory's Gate post you will find the first chapter of the book. I'll post my review up here since I've already written a little blurb on that post.

I was a little apprehensive about reading this book. I thought I was going to get the second book but, to my surprise, it was the third and last book in the series. I didn't have any money to buy the second book so I sucked it up and did what I was asked to do: read.

To my surprise, I had no trouble with this. It was easy to follow and any reference to the other two books in the series was explained.
This was a true mystery and reminded me of the Rei Shimura series. All end are tied at the end of the Time Thriller Trilogy but not without some twists, turns and "I knew it!"'s along the way!

Happy reading!

Have an awesome summer,
Anastasia

No comments: